Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Tour of Duty - Part 1

In the past 3 weeks, it’s been challengefull and tremendous tiresome weeks. Travelling to cities, and remote areas throughout East Java and East Kalimantan. Cities that i never step my foot on before. My objective for visiting this area actually for installing and upgrading Modul and Network Processing Engine (NPE) for Cisco Routers. Belongs to one of the biggest Telecommunication Provider in our country.

My first city was Malang. It felt calm and relax in this city. Cool city, not so crowded with cars nor motorbike. Whilst there, also visiting Blitar which about 3 or 4 hours travel from Malang. Unfortunately, i were there only for a few hours. And didn’t have much time for enjoying the view or interesting areas in Blitar. And that was about the same for other cities. I did’nt have enough time for pleasures. Hehe.

The Day after, my next city was Kediri. Hmm.. the city depends alot on Cigarette Industries. Home industries and Big Cigarette Factory laid their base here. Few hours after, i was on travel again, next destination Jember. The journey itself was taking about 6 or 7 hours. I rent a car for this one. Because the journey take a little more time and i need to maintain my stamina. Which assumed, i didnt get if i were using bus or other public transportation.

I stayed in Jember for 2 days. That was because, i needed to install moduls and NPE at 4 AM in the morning. 4 AM was approved time for NPE Modul replacement. Sweat it. That is my job. Obviously not one of ideal job to live on. Hehe. But as technical engineer, my task is to support and provide service for clients. Hehe, yet again, brainwash hard to come by.

Ok, back to my ‘curhat’. Whilst in Jember, i also visit Banyuwangi. Jamber – Banyuwangi take 2 or 3 hours drive. I can not say much about this town. Only been there for at least 2 hours. Too bad actually.

From Jember, next destination home. Via Surabaya, and taken flight from there to Jakarta. Travel from Jember to surabaya not advisable via Car or Bus. You will spend many hours to pass Porong. Because of The Famous Lapindo Mud disaster have effects on public roadway and transportation.

Oke.. home… charged and restored. Next destination East Kalimantan.

Thank you for reading this scrap, and that if u were reading it, not just scroll it away…LoL… I’ll continue my story later on other post, I just want to keep this post short. Long story tends to boring. I guess you all know it. :D

.end.


No comments: